5 ways to prepare for a job fair

Career fairs are a great tool for students looking for jobs or internships.

Learn about different career paths and ask your career questions directly to employers. Develop and implement your professional image and build confidence in approaching employers.

5 tips to make the most of a career fair:

Review the list of participating employers in advance and identify which employers/organizations are most important or interesting for you to meet (available in Handshake prior to the event).
Bring 5-10 copies of your resume.
Practice your “elevator pitch” or how you will approach employers. For example: “I’m a psychology major and I’ll be graduating in June. Can you tell me more about your organization? What kinds of positions do you have? I’m interested in positions related to…”
Prepare some questions to ask the recruiters and feel free to take notes when they give you information. Questions may include: What types of entry-level positions do you have? Do you have any internship opportunities? How do I apply? May I have your business card so I can follow up?
Take notes and bring them to your next advising appointment.

Remember: Employers are attending because they are looking to hire. Take this opportunity to network with employers and make a great first impression. You can do this!

Posted

in

by

Discover more from INSIDE PORTLAND STATE

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading