College is a time when we learn a lot about the world and ourselves. It is a great opportunity to branch out and learn a new skill or get active in a particular field of interest. PSU has hundreds of clubs to join in a variety of topics, from the Financial Management Association to the PSU PC Gaming Club. We’ve listed some clubs and organizations by field of interest here, but you can visit the main page for PSU organizations to see the full list. Extracurriculars are also a great way to boost your resumé while you’re in college. Get started with leadership skills while you’re in school to make yourself stand out when you’re applying for jobs. Research suggests that students who participate in extracurricular activities are likely to do better academically, which is a huge bonus!
See below for a sampling of PSU clubs and leadership opportunities and search them all at pdx.edu/connect.
- Peer Mentor Program: Help other students thrive in school
- Student Health Advisory Board
- Wellness & Health Action Team
- Student Ambassador team: Help get future Vikings excited about going to Portland State University.
ART, THEATER AND MUSIC
- Outdoor Program through Campus Rec: offers group hikes and other adventures.
- Athletic and Outdoor Connect: Network with professionals in the athletic and outdoor industry.
- Iranian Student Association of Portland
- Nepalese Student Association
- Association of African Students
- Hong Kong Student Association
- Taiwanese Student Association
- Saudi Student Club
- Organization of International Students
- Black Student Union
- Pacific Islanders Club
- United Indigenous Students in Higher Education
- Las Mujeres PSU
- Movimiento Estudantil Chicano de Aztlan
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Greek Life at PSU is a great way to socialize, build relationships and contribute to a cause you believe in. There are also many academic clubs for your major or program, such as the History Club, the Philosophy Club, or the Anthropology Student Association. Clubs and extracurriculars are a great way to get more experience with a hobby or dive deeper into your field of interest.
Start your own club!
Have a great idea for a club? Email Student Activities and Leadership Programs (SALP) at email@example.com!