By Naomi Kolb
As graduation approaches, I find myself in the same boat as many of my fellow soon-to-be-alumni: I still don’t have a job or other obligation lined up for after graduation on June 17th. In the hopes of securing a job soon, I thought that I’d share part of my job-hunting experience. . . by the numbers.
- Days since I submitted my first job application: 60
- The number of applications that a Career Services Adviser told me was average to submit before landing an interview: 25-30
- The number of applications that my coworker told me was average to submit before landing a job: 50-60
- Applications that I’ve submitted so far: 15
- Applications that I haven’t heard back about at all: 10
- Positions that I’ve interviewed for: 2
- Job offers that I’ve received: 0
Hopefully sharing my experience will help give my peers a better idea of what to expect when job hunting in Portland! Applying for jobs while still being a full-time college student is stressful to say the least and entirely unattainable for a lot of us. As many enter into our final days at PSU, I just wanted to say congratulations to all that are graduating and good luck on whatever your next endeavor may be, even if you don’t quite know what it is yet.
One thought on “Job Hunting By The Numbers”
Do you want more people to visit your website? Get thousands of people who are ready to buy sent directly to your website. Boost revenues fast. Start seeing results in as little as 48 hours. For additional information reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org